Dry Ice can make your next dish the talk of the town.
Mr Iceman can provide you the right amount of Food Grade Dry Ice. 3kg-5kg of Dry Ice is the most popular size to ensure you have enough Dry Ice to achieve your results.
Using Dry Ice for Ice Creams & Sorbets - Tips & Hints
- First off Dry Ice is at around -80c, do not eat chunks of Dry Ice. If your Ice Cream has been made with large chunks of Dry Ice then you must wait till Dry Ice has sublimated before eating.
- When using Dry Ice for Ice Creams & Sorbets it is best to crush the Dry Ice in a towel / bag with a rolling pin or use a quality Blender to get a snow like consistency.
- Whisking the ingredients by hand is the best way, adding small amounts of Dry Ice Snow at a time. As the mix freezes, it quickly gets to thick ice cream consistency, best to use a quality electronic mixer.
- Dry Ice Ice Cream will keep it's carbonated texture for a few hours.
- Your instant ice cream can be kept in a normal freezer as per standard ice cream or use the remaining Dry Ice to keep you Ice cream extra cold till it needs to be served.